7-9 November 2014, South Africa
Summary | Download the Brochure (pdf)
The Modern Warrior Alliance is an association of like-minded martial arts professionals that expose street defence and realistic combat approaches together with martial arts development and ethics. This first international gathering will allow the core members, their students and other interested parties to attend, train, share and gain recognition for skills and capabilities.
Date: 7-9 November 2014
Venue: Madidaba (www.madidaba.co.za)
Many thanks to everyone who attended as well as all the trainers & organisers. Congratulations to all who graded. It was a fantastic three days and everyone was energised by the brotherhood and warrior spirit.
Check out the Photo Galleries:
Check out the slideshow:
1. Prof Michael P Belzer - 8th Dan - Head Sabaku Jutsu
2. Dr Gavriel Schneider - 6th Dan - Head Gendai Ryu
3. Sensei Noah Greenstone - 5th Dan Yanagi Ryu Jujutsu
4. Sensei Gershon Ben Keren - Head instructor Krav Maga Yashir
5. Sensei Dion Fransman - 5th Dan Head Gendai Ryu South Africa
6. Sensei Mac McGuire - 4th Dan, Tactical Firearms Counsellor and Senior Instructor
• Warmups and Stretches
• Firearms CQB skills (retention, disarms, live drills with blank rounds)
• Shooting and drills
• Pepper Spray Training | spray and recovery
• Street Self Defence
• Krav Maga
• Jujitsu skills (throwing, falling, joint locks, etc)
• MMA Skills and Stand Up work
• Ground work and ground fighting
• Low Light (Night) Scenarios
• Chi Kung Breathing
• Tacfit Survival Fitness
• Weapons Systems
• Combat Integration
• 3 nights’ Dormitory style accommodation 7-9 November
• Transfers from Johannesburg airport to hotel (only centurion hotel or protea hotel centurion)
• Transfers from DAS office or (only centurion hotel or protea hotel centurion) to training lodge
• Full catering
• Over 30 hours of training
• Shooting day (fully inclusive with extra ammo pack)
• Pepper spray and demo for training
• Grading (for those who qualify)
• T - shirt
• Attendance certificate
Price: USD $1295
Additional Night at Madidaba (Thursday Nov 6th):
$75 per person, includes dinner
Non training guests - rates are as follows:
• Dorm room - $30 per night
• Catering - $ 45 per day
Terms, Conditions and Price Considerations:
• All rooms, places and accommodation are subject to availability and are allocated on a first come first serve basis to persons paying in full upfront.
• Excludes all flights which must be into OR Tambo international airport in Johannesburg.
• Excludes travel insurance, which must be in place before students will be allowed to train.
• Recommended that students arrive on the 6th November and depart SA on 10 November.
• Accommodation for night of the 6th should be at centurion lake (http://www.legacyhotels.co.za/en/hotels/centurionlake ) or protea centurion hotel. (http://www.proteahotels.com/hotels/Pages/protea-hotel-centurion.aspx )
• Persons wanting transfers to lodge only will need to meet at DAS office at 06h45 on the 7th of June and will be dropped back at the DAS office at approximately 09h00 on Monday 10 November. (there is secure parking at the DAS office for a limited number of vehicles)
• Pickups and drop off to and from airport will only be applicable for the 6th and 10th otherwise students must arrange their own transport.
• Pick up will be 06h45 from hotels and 07h00 from the DAS office.
• Refunds will be paid in full for cancelation 2 weeks before event, 50% 1-2 weeks before event and a zero refund will be paid for cancelation 1 week before the event.
• All attendees will need to adhere to a strict code of professional conduct – persons not adhering may be asked to leave the event and will not receive any refund.
• All attendees must have valid medical certificate before being allowed to participate.
By filling in the form below, you must first agree to the following:
I fully agree that I accept full responsibility for my own health and well-being and I acknowledge an understanding that no responsibility for my health is assumed by the instructors, trainers, organisers or participants of this event or any other related agency. They are released from any liability now or in the future for conditions that may result from my participation in any on-site program including but not limited to: heat attacks, muscle strains, muscle pulls, muscle tears, broken bones, shin splints, heat exhaustion, injuries to knees, joints, bones, muscles, soft tissue, injuries to back, injuries to feet, or any other illness, discomfort, injury or soreness that may occur, including death. I agree to having my photograph and image taken for the purposes of illustrating techniques or to promote and publicise the Modern Warrior Alliance in the future. I confirm that I have purchased or will purchase relevant travel insurance prior to commencing transportation to the event.
I hereby affirm that I have read, fully understand and accept full responsibility for my safety, health and well being before, during and after my participation and stay at the Modern Warrior Alliance 2014 Africa Summit.